Covered by this topic
Data entry can be addressed a few different ways in Enterprise Health . Bubble forms are a very convenient and efficient solution. Bubble forms are document type templates with special formatting that allow data to be collected when documents of that type are scanned and indexed into the Enterprise Health system. This data is stored discretely within Enterprise Health .
Bubble forms also work well added to Print Definitions, particularly for providers that do not use interfaced equipment. Bubble forms can also be developed so that a stack of the forms can be printed and taken onsite, where they then can be scanned and indexed, afterward.
There is a standard audio-vision bubble form that is available in the Enterprise Health system. This bubble form collects audio-vision data, and once scanned and indexed into the system, the optical marks are read and the interpreted data is stored discretely, in the appropriate chart.
To access and utilize a bubble form for recording information, simply navigate to the Forms Library and print the preferred form. After the form has been completed, scan the form into the system and index it, accordingly. If any of the indexed information needs edited immediately after scanning, simply use the confirmation window to verify all values were read correctly, prior to validating. Once the scan and values are confirmed, the data will index into the chart in context, as appropriate. To better understand the scanning and indexing of bubble forms, review the Indexing Bubble Forms and Indexing documentation.
- While in the appropriate chart, access and print the audio-vision bubble form by clicking the Add Document link. This will open the Document/Forms Library, where all forms can be accessed.
- Find and open the necessary form by visually locating it in the list and clicking the Form link. Otherwise, begin typing in the Doc Type Search autocomplete, select the appropriate form, and click Submit to open the document.
- Print out the bubble form. Record the results by coloring in the respective bubbles, scan and index the form(s) back into the appropriate chart(s).
There are alternative, manual processes outside of using and scanning in bubble forms. These options include using an interfaced device and importing data into the system, which can be edited and/or updated, manually; or by using the appropriate encounter or adding and inputting the results as test/procedure results within an encounter. Both of these methods are also highly effective.
An alternative to the bubble form is the manual process of entering results through an encounter.
For example, navigating to the Test Results chart tab allows users to select what type of results need to be entered or reviewed. One of the types of results is Vision results. When selected, the screen will display a List View of all of the vision encounters that are archived/closed (i.e., stored encounter documents). Below that, it will show a Summary of the observations in the chart.
- Click the Add Vision Screening link, in the upper-right corner. This will create a Vision Screening encounter in the chart and will open the Vision Screening data fields for input.
- If the Vision Screening input fields do not display, verify the Manual Vision Process link is selected.
- When finished, click the Submit button. This will also close & archive the Vision Screening encounter.
The data will be stored in the system as observations, found in the Observations/Flowsheets chart tab, Test Results chart tab, and Encounters chart tab. If the recorded data is preferred elsewhere in the system, do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are happy to work with clients to develop ways to address any specific business needs.
When accessing the Test Results chart tab, after adding a new audio-vision screening, there is the ability to upload results from a device or enter data manually. To utilize the semi-automatic process of uploading results from a file, simply use the Automatic link, when determining the Vision Process for inputting the results. For more information on audiogram device interfaces and file uploads, see the help documentation Device Interfaces – Vision System , Device Interface - Audio System , or Device Interfaces - Audio: Tremetrics/Maico .
These types of report links are generally found in the Reports sidemenu tab, under the Visits grouping of reports. These reports enable a client to review the various data captured during a visit, or encounter. The Vision Screenings report is available here, for example.